[infinispan-dev] Transaction Semantics when using CacheLoaders and CacheWriters

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Fri Aug 9 10:49:48 EDT 2013

On 5 Aug 2013, at 09:21, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> A very interesting thread in the JSR-107 group, which appears just as Mircea has looked into the XA transactions and cache loaders/stores. Going back to that thread, it wasn't very clear what would happen if Infinispan caches were configured with XA transactions and they had a cache store. What's should a user expect in that case? IOW, how does our approach here compare to what's being suggested in the thread below? My feeling is that we're doing a variant of Option 3, where each cache store will run its own transaction (if they support it...)

we're better than 3. 3 requires "that Caches would be the last-local-resource in XA transactions" (last local resource optimisation). We allow the cache to behave as a fully transactional (XA) resource and it is transparent for the user if a cache store is configured or not.

> @Manik, It's also interesting from a data grid perspective since it highlights the boundaries of a cache vs data grid in this area.

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)