[infinispan-dev] Fwd: ISPN-2808 - thread pool for incoming message [feedback]

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 05:09:03 EST 2013

On 2/27/13 8:10 PM, Pedro Ruivo wrote:

> [...]

It is; I'll upload the 3.3.0.Beta1 version to Nexus in ca. 20 minutes...

> My idea in to use an executor service in CommandAwareRpcDispatcher
> (CARD) and when a request (command) is received, it checks if it is
> useful to move the command execution to another thread (in this line [2])
>
> For now, I'm thinking to move all the write commands, lock control
> command, prepare command and commit command to the executor service

Can't a COMMIT or ROLLBACK be invoked directly ? Aren't they non-blocking ?

> (Note: commit command is only moved when in DIST mode and L1 is enabled).
>
> first question: do you think it is fine to move the commands to the
> executor service in CARD or should I move this functionally to the
> InvoundHandler?

I thought we were going to implement this as *first* interceptor in the
chain, e.g. to allow thread locals to still work ? By the time a command
reaches the CommandAwareRpcDispatcher, we're already half-way through
the chain.

-- Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)