[infinispan-dev] CommandAwareRpcDispatcher desired logic

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed May 29 10:06:42 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Pedro Ruivo <pedro at infinispan.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> //related to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-3100
>
> In here [1] I've added three simple tests to the CARD logic with the
> ResponseFilter.
>
> #1 testResponses() => tests if all the responses are returned. This test
> is failing because the FutureCollactor only returns the last response.
>
> *question* is this the desired behaviour or is it a bug (and this test
> is incorrect)?

I think it was intentional, because it only really had to work with
ClusteredGetResponseValidityFilter at the time. But I'm all for changing it
to return all the (validated) responses.

#2 testTimeout() => tests the timeout when a ResponseFilter is used. It
> sets the timeout to 1000 milliseconds and sends a command that sleeps
> for 5000 millisecond before reply. This test is failing because no
> TimeoutException was thrown (as expected). That's why I've created
> ISPN-3100.
>
> *question* is the desired behaviour to wait infinitely? If yes, then
> ISPN-3100 is invalid.

I'm pretty sure that's not intentional. FutureCollator.futureDone() should
be called when a UnicastRequest finishes with a TimeoutException and it
should decrement expectedResponses. When all the UnicastRequests are done,
it should notify() the caller thread, which should throw a TimeoutException.