[infinispan-dev] help on StackOverflow

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 07:48:31 EST 2013

I guess the best thing would be having SO hook that would post a message
on #infinispan wherever someone asks a question tagged with infinispan.
I've found that [1] can do exactly this job.

Radim

[1]
http://stackapps.com/questions/3695/stackirc-posting-questions-from-stack-exchange-sites-to-irc-channels

On 11/04/2013 01:34 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> +1
> It's important to help others as it's a complex technology and some
> configuration aspects are very hard for newcomers, that quickly gets
> frustrating as you say.
>
> We don't have a specific strategy as it's hard to enforce, my strategy
> matches with yours: regularly remind people that this is
> a) very important for users
> b)important for us to know what people want to do
> c)important for us to understand what to give priority in terms of
> better error messages / better docs
>
> BTW It's not just StackOverflow, there are lots of places to look for
> interesting feedback.. my main source is of course the Hibernate
> forums; there is just a small fraction of Hibernate users who also
> have Infinispan question, but this small % of a very large amount of
> posts builds up to an amount of questions which is in the same order
> of magnitude as the Infinispan forums.
>
> Sanne
>
> On 4 November 2013 12:13, Tomas Sykora <tsykora at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi team!
>> I've noticed that some guys started (or they would like) to use Infinispan in their projects, they are stuck on some issues and they are trying to get answers on StackOverflow.
>>
>> I know this is hard to react in these days as we are on tight schedule. (Galder, Sanne and Manik are active there)
>>
>> Do we have any strategy how can we help them? Unfortunately, I don't know answers for more specific and deeper question, so is it OK to
>> redirect them simply to jboss.org forum, to this mailing list or simply to IRC #infinispan? Or can/should I share some unanswered questions here?
>>
>> I don't want to be annoying with some unimportant stuff.
>>
>> But, still, I have one idea in my mind. If someone cannot proceed with his Infinispan integration for, let's say 3-4 days, he can become frustrated
>> and start to looking for another caching/datagrid/NoSQL store solution.
>>
>> Thank you for you thoughts!
>> Tom

Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>
JBoss DataGrid QA