[infinispan-dev] help on StackOverflow

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Nov 4 07:34:27 EST 2013

+1
It's important to help others as it's a complex technology and some
configuration aspects are very hard for newcomers, that quickly gets
frustrating as you say.

We don't have a specific strategy as it's hard to enforce, my strategy
matches with yours: regularly remind people that this is
a) very important for users
b)important for us to know what people want to do
c)important for us to understand what to give priority in terms of
better error messages / better docs

BTW It's not just StackOverflow, there are lots of places to look for
interesting feedback.. my main source is of course the Hibernate
forums; there is just a small fraction of Hibernate users who also
have Infinispan question, but this small % of a very large amount of
posts builds up to an amount of questions which is in the same order
of magnitude as the Infinispan forums.

Sanne