[infinispan-dev] Cross-Site Replication, State Transfer and RAC

Pedro Ruivo pedro at infinispan.org
Fri Nov 8 04:39:02 EST 2013

On 11/08/2013 07:59 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Pedro Ruivo <pedro at infinispan.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've updated the wiki pages related to Cross-Site Replication with the
>> topics discussed lately:
>>
>> https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/wiki/Design-For-Cross-Site-Replication
>
> ^ How does conflict resolution fit with the discussions we had around split brains scenarios? Seems to me this should be solved in the split brain scenario first and then port over the solution to here, rather than have two separate conflict resolution strategies? Also, this might be considered part of the eventual consistency discussions.

Although the problem looks similar, the solutions are totally different
IMO. in X-Site replication, we have site s1..sn and if they both try to
update key k with values v1..vn (where v1 is set by s1, and so on...) we
need to deterministically choose one value to keep the data consistent.

Eventual consistent can also be used to tackle this problem.

In the end, I'm expecting the clients in each site to access disjoin
data set most of the time.