[infinispan-dev] Integration between HotRod and OGM

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Mon Nov 18 19:07:19 EST 2013

On Nov 18, 2013, at 11:52 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org> wrote:

>> Neither the grouping API nor the AtomicMap work over hotrod.
>> Between the grouping API and AtomicMap, I think the one that would make more sense migrating is the grouping API.
>> One way or the other, I think the hotrod protocol would require an enhancement - mind raising a JIRA for that?
>> For now I guess you can sacrifice performance and always sending the entire object across on every update instead of only the deltas?
>
> Doesn't Hot Rod even have support for deltas?
>
> Our main concern is not so much performance but to implement the
> correct isolation: ok we have no transactions, but still we'd be
> messing with entries which weren't even supposed to be loaded, and
> this data could get overwritten.

then why not just use a syntethic key for every key in the AtopmicMap?
e.g. if you have the following AtomicMap: (ak, {(k1, v1), (k2,v2)}) where:
ak - the key of the AtomicMap in the cache
k1, k2 - keys within the atomic map

then using some synthetic the keys: "ak_k1", "ak_k2" directly on the remote cache would avoid the overwriting.

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)