[infinispan-dev] Today's topic: eviction

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 06:41:00 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Pedro Ruivo <pedro at infinispan.org> wrote:

> On 11/22/2013 11:40 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>

> > Do we still need to support the non-V8 implementations?
> > Clearly there are cases in which we need it to be available:
> >
> org.infinispan.util.concurrent.locks.containers.AbstractPerEntryLockContainer<L>
> > refers explicitly to EquivalentConcurrentHashMapV8
>
> I don't think we need to support the non-v8 implementation but I'm not
> aware of any BoundedConcurrentHashMapV8. So, if I have to choose, for me
> it is simpler to change the current BounderConcurrentHashMap than
> implement all the eviction policies on top of ECHM-V8.

To put it another way, we do need to support the non-v8 implementation
because that's the only implementation of size-based eviction we've got :)

AFAIK there are some lock-free implementations out there for LRU, and there
may be some for LIRS as well. But our current implementations require a
lock on the entire segment, so there is no simple way to make them work
with CHMV8.