[infinispan-dev] JPA Store -> Hibernate Store?

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 05:29:46 EST 2014

Hi,

as I am upgrading the JPA Store to work with Infinispan 6.0 SPI, there
have been several ideas/recommendations to use Hibernate-specific API
[1][2]. Currently, the code uses javax.persistence.* stuff only
(although it uses on hibernate implemenation).

What do you think, should we:
a) stay with javax.persistence only
b) use hibernate API, if it offers better performance / gets rid of some
problems -> should we then rename the store to
infinispan-persistence-hibernate? Or is the Hibernate API an
implementation detail?
c) provide performant (hibernate) and standard implementation?

My guess is b) (without renaming) as the main idea should be that we can
store JPA objects into relational DB

Radim

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-3953
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-3954