[infinispan-dev] Propagate the schema to the cachestore

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Fri Jul 18 15:39:57 EDT 2014

On 09/07/14 17:51, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> A remark by Divya made me think of something.
> With Infinispan moving to the direction of ProtoBuf and schemas, cache store would greatly benefit from receiving in one shape or another that schema to transform a blob into something more structure depending on the underlying capability of the datastore.
> Has anyone explored that angle?
Yes, this is something I suggested at some point when we met in
Farnborough: the metadata provider (JPA, ProtoBuf, etc) should be wired
to the persistence SPI so that clever things can be done at that level.
This can also be applied to the compatibility layer, so that I can turn
a ProtoBuf representation into JSON or XML for example

Tristan