[infinispan-dev] Test failures

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 05:19:52 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org>
wrote:

> I'm having several failures, these are blocking our progress on Query.
>
> Should I disable them all?

You could disable them, but I'm not quite sure how that would help the
query module... surely you don't need to run the core tests every time you
modify something in query?

> Sample output of three different runs:
>
> Failed tests:
>   ThreadLocalLeakTest.testCheckThreadLocalLeaks:87 IllegalState Thread
> locals st...

I couldn't reproduce this failure on my machine, but I modified
ThreadLocalLeakTest to ignore that particular thread-local:
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/2614
You're the only one that reported seeing it, so please test the PR on your
machine and integrate it.

> StateTransferOverwriteTest>BaseTxStateTransferOverwriteTest.testStateTransferInBetweenPrepareCommitWithPutIfAbsent:104->BaseTxStateTransferOverwriteTest.doStateTransferInBetweenPrepareCommit:265
> » Runtime

I've created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-4368 for Will to look
into, I'm not sure we need the "placeholder" key that is causing the random
failures.

> Failed tests:
>   ThreadLocalLeakTest.testCheckThreadLocalLeaks:87 IllegalState Thread
> locals st...
>
> StateTransferOverwriteTest>BaseTxStateTransferOverwriteTest.testStateTransferInBetweenPrepareCommitWithPutIfAbsent:104->BaseTxStateTransferOverwriteTest.doStateTransferInBetweenPrepareCommit:265
> » Runtime
>
> L1StateTransferOverwriteTest>BaseTxStateTransferOverwriteTest.testStateTransferInBetweenPrepareCommitWithPut:84->BaseTxStateTransferOverwriteTest.doStateTransferInBetweenPrepareCommit:265
> » Runtime

The L1StateTransferOverwriteTest failure seems to have the same cause as
StateTransferOverwriteTest failure.

> Failed tests:
>   ThreadLocalLeakTest.testCheckThreadLocalLeaks:87 IllegalState Thread
> locals st...
>
> CacheNotifierImplInitialTransferDistTest.testCreateAfterIterationBeganAndSegmentNotCompleteValueOwnerClustered:611->testIterationBeganAndSegmentNotComplete:510
> expected [11] but found [6]

I've seen this a couple times on my machine as well, I've created
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-4370

I'd let Will investigate ISPN-4368 and ISPN-4370 for a bit before disabling
those tests - he may be able to issue a PR for them quite quickly.

Still, just because I don't like disabling tests it doesn't mean I don't
appreciate your stability reports - keep 'em coming!

Cheers
Dan