[infinispan-dev] Hanging state transfer

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Apr 21 14:20:07 EDT 2015

I've resolved it, thanks all - especially Erik and Dan for their suggestions.

The problem was a hidden exception being swallowed somewhere in the
deployment stack: a "not serializable" exception which pointed to a
classloader issue during bootup, as my custom Externalizer wasn't
registered.

After fixing my classloader issue I'll see if I can figure were things
are being silently swallowed. Would be nice if someone in Infinispan
core could make sure that the state-transfer isn't going to spin
forever in such a case? I'd rather have the sending node at least
reply with some kind of abort code.

Thanks,
Sanne