[infinispan-dev] Merging of integration testing modules

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Tue Apr 21 18:46:38 EDT 2015

Hi all,
as I was exploring the source tree for potentially interesting tests
to run on WildFly 9, I'm getting a bit confused by the amount of
testing modules.

For example, I have no idea why there is a module
"infinispan-embedded-query-it" which apparently contains some more
tests for "infinispan-query" - but above all I'm not seeing why such
tests should be living in a separate module.
Also, it looks like there might possibly be quite some redundancy on
top of existing tests.

In a similar way, I'm aware "infinispan-as-lucene-integration" was
just created as we migrated those from Hibernate Search. But we could
merge that in our existing integration tests right?

Ideally I was hoping that an activity like a WildFly upgrade would
touch just a couple of modules; I think the only reason we should have
to separate these in different modules is if it's really important to
not have some module installed.
If we could achieve that, it should be easier to then start the
container only once (twice) to run all tests quicker?

Thanks,
Sanne