[infinispan-dev] Hibernate ORM 5.0.0.CR4 not working so well with Infinispan 8.0.0.Beta2...

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 04:42:31 EDT 2015

On 06/08/2015 10:30, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> On 6 August 2015 at 03:01, William Burns <mudokonman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems ORM was compiled with a version earlier than Beta1 but then ran
>> with Beta2?  The keySet method was changed to return a subclass of
>> CloseableIteratorSet with Beta2 to support distributed streams [1].
>
> BTW that CacheSet API change looks like it was intended to be
> backwards compatible? It's not, as we just realised. I you want it to
> be backwards compatible you'll have to revert that API change.

 From the ORM version numbers (CR4) I guess we are near endgame and we
MUST ensure that ORM works with both Infinispan 7.x and 8.x.
Will is it possible to make the signature of the method backwards
compatible ?
If this is inconvenient, what can be done in Hibernate Infinispan to
insulate it from this change ?

Still, I'm wondering whether hibernate-infinispan shouldn't be
subclassed into multiple versions so that we can be a bit more liberal
with some changes.

Tristan

--
Tristan Tarrant