[infinispan-dev] missing "int org.infinispan.configuration.cache.EvictionConfiguration.maxEntries()" & NoSuchMethodError running hibernate-infinispan tests with Infinispan 7.2.1

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Fri May 15 11:50:12 EDT 2015

On 05/15/2015 11:00 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> On 15/05/2015 16:38, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> Applications that compile against Infinispan 6.x, will expect that
>> org.infinispan.configuration.cache.EvictionConfiguration.maxEntries()
>> returns an int but when they run against Infinispan 7.x, they will not
>> find this method (since maxEntries() returns a long).
>>
>> Is this a known bug or issue on Infinispan 7.x?
>
> Since this was changed in a minor release (7.2) it definitely is a bug.
> While we can provide overloaded setters, doing so for a getter is
> obviously not possible. We should probably release a 7.2.2 which
> restores "int maxEntries()" and adds a "long maxEntriesAsLong()".

Thanks Tristan, do you need a jira for this?

> However be aware that for 8.0 we want to remove the "int" variants
> altogether.

I heard that Infinispan 8.0 might get integrated into WildFly 10.  I
think that WildFly 10 might be somewhat time boxed (check with Jason on
exact details of that :).  As such, we might also Hibernate 5.0 also
integrated into WildFly 10 (if that fits into the schedule).  If
Hibernate ORM 5.0 doesn't get integrated in time for WildFly 10, then we
would likely try to keep using a Hibernate 4.3.x release.

My next question is whether the hibernate-infinispan [1] will need
changes for 8.0?  And whether that could be done in Hibernate 4.3.x +
5.x, or if those changes need to be done in Hibernate 5.x (current
Hibernate ORM master) only.  This question is probably best answered by
Galder (expert on the hibernate-infinispan module) but input from others
are welcome.  :-)

Thanks,
Scott

[1]