[infinispan-dev] missing "int org.infinispan.configuration.cache.EvictionConfiguration.maxEntries()" & NoSuchMethodError running hibernate-infinispan tests with Infinispan 7.2.1

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri May 15 12:43:14 EDT 2015

On 15 May 2015 at 16:50, Scott Marlow <smarlow at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 05/15/2015 11:00 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
>> On 15/05/2015 16:38, Scott Marlow wrote:
>>> Applications that compile against Infinispan 6.x, will expect that
>>> org.infinispan.configuration.cache.EvictionConfiguration.maxEntries()
>>> returns an int but when they run against Infinispan 7.x, they will not
>>> find this method (since maxEntries() returns a long).
>>>
>>> Is this a known bug or issue on Infinispan 7.x?
>>
>> Since this was changed in a minor release (7.2) it definitely is a bug.
>> While we can provide overloaded setters, doing so for a getter is
>> obviously not possible. We should probably release a 7.2.2 which
>> restores "int maxEntries()" and adds a "long maxEntriesAsLong()".
>
> Thanks Tristan, do you need a jira for this?
>

>> However be aware that for 8.0 we want to remove the "int" variants
>> altogether.
>
> I heard that Infinispan 8.0 might get integrated into WildFly 10.  I
> think that WildFly 10 might be somewhat time boxed (check with Jason on
> exact details of that :).  As such, we might also Hibernate 5.0 also
> integrated into WildFly 10 (if that fits into the schedule).  If
> Hibernate ORM 5.0 doesn't get integrated in time for WildFly 10, then we
> would likely try to keep using a Hibernate 4.3.x release.
>
> My next question is whether the hibernate-infinispan [1] will need
> changes for 8.0?  And whether that could be done in Hibernate 4.3.x +
> 5.x, or if those changes need to be done in Hibernate 5.x (current
> Hibernate ORM master) only.  This question is probably best answered by
> Galder (expert on the hibernate-infinispan module) but input from others
> are welcome.  :-)

Yes the hibernate-infinispan module will need maintenance as usual,
but don't bother to update Infinispan in Hibernate 4.3, as WildFly 10
has to have Hibernate 5.

We can focus on the hibernate-infinispan module in branch master only
(Hibernate 5), but also let's try to not realize update needs last
minute.

Thanks,
Sanne