[infinispan-dev] Potential for context object for serial/deserial in marshalling rework

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 04:07:33 EDT 2016

Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up about [1].

As I was looking at the marshalling code in core, I spotted the work done for [2] and by extension [3].

I can certainly see the practicality of Will's solution in [2] which fitted quite well with the current marshalling architecture, but as we rethink the entire marshalling layer in [1], I'm wondering if a context-object where we can track repeated fields like Strings, Addresses... would be more suitable. For starters, we'd get rid of thread locals and could be more easily exposed in other places.

Any ideas or updates you have on the topic please let me know.

Cheers,

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-6498
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-4979
[3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2133