[infinispan-dev] Persisted state

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 06:40:12 EDT 2016

On 28/07/16 15:59, Radim Vansa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in what situations is the state (ATM just version + cache topologies)
> meant to be persisted? I guess it's necessary with non-shared cache
> stores, but should it be persisted with shared one, too?
The writing is handled by the global state manager. You need to enable
global state first obviously.
There are two types of state: per-cachemanager and per-cache. Also
graceful stop is performed only when a cache is shutdown(), not stop()ed.
> And what are the guarantees during writing that state down? (e.g. can
> you make sure that no operations are executed when persisting?)
That is not how it is being handled atm: rebalancing is disabled, caches
are passivated, and the state is written before stopping the cache
components. It's like this because I was thinking that the state that we
are writing (CH and topology) wouldn't be affected by some additional
operations, but it would make sense to put the cache in a STOPPING state
first to avoid ops.

Tristan