[infinispan-dev] WildFly NoSQL client integration and Infinispan remote/JDG as a NoSQL client...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu May 12 11:23:08 EDT 2016

Hi,

Could you bring answers to the discussion [1] about using Infinispan as
a remote NoSQL store in WildFly.

Perhaps the WildFly standalone.xml subsystem configuration might define
a "testdb" profile that any application deployment can use to remotely
access the remote Infinispan server running on "testhostmachine" via
configuration:

"
<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:infinispan-nosql:1.0">
  <infinispan name="default" id="dbtestprofile"
jndi-name="java:jboss/infinispan/test" database="testdb">
  <host name="default" outbound-socket-binding-ref="testhost"/>
  </infinispan>
</subsystem>

<socket-binding-group name="standard-sockets" default-interface="public"
port-offset="${jboss.socket.binding.port-offset:0}">
  <outbound-socket-binding name="testhost">
   <remote-destination host="testhostmachine" port="11234"/>
  </outbound-socket-binding>
</socket-binding-group>
"

Does this match at all with how you thought a WildFly application server
might use a remote Infinispan server?

Are there any concerns about marshalling, since the remote server
(testhostmachine) may be a WildFly application server that doesn't have
the same application deployments?

Mostly, I'd like to discuss the above on [1] but here is fine also (we
can link to this mailing list from [1], if we talk here).

Scott

[1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/wildfly-dev/2016-May/004966.html