[infinispan-dev] HDFS FileStore

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Mon May 16 04:57:36 EDT 2016

On 05/13/2016 04:07 PM, Cristian Malinescu wrote:
> Hi Gustavo - thanks for the guidance!
> Have some questions -
> 1. ISPN-2940 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2940> - says the
> idea isn't new and it didn't got a 'Go' at that moment. If we proceed
> with this work, does it mean a reopening of the item?
> 2. Couldn't see any design docs for both SingleFile and SoftIndexFile
> store(s) subsystems - fairly, couldn't find design docs for any of the
> pluggable
>      cache store modules. I want to start from one of them to keep
> consistency and compatibility in style for easiness of adoption.

The design doc was not needed if the author was not in the need of
discussing the design prior to implementation. SingleFileStore design is
rather simple:
* in-memory key-position_in_file map
* place data to any unoccupied spot in the file or prolong the file
* keep list of unoccupied spots in size-based tree

and SoftIndexFileStore has the design described in the javadoc for the
main class (SoftIndexFileStore.java). If you have any questions wrt
SIFS, I am the one to answer them.

Radim

Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>
JBoss Performance Team