[infinispan-dev] Infinispan URL format

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon May 30 03:46:47 EDT 2016

In the past there has been talk of representing a connection to
Infinispan using a URL, in particular for HotRod.
The Hibernate OGM team is now working on adding NoSQL datasources to
WildFly, and they've asked for they should represent connections to
various of these.

For Hot Rod:

infinispan:hotrod://[host1][:port1][,[host2][:port2]]...[/cachemanager]

The [cachemanager] part is for multi-tenant servers (Hot Rod doesn't
currently support this, so this is forward-looking).
Obviously we will support all of the HotRod properties for specifying
things like security, etc.

For Embedded:

infinispan:embedded:file://path/to/config.xml (for specifying an
external config file)
infinispan:embedded:jndi://path/to/jndi (for referencing a cachemanager
in JNDI)
infinispan:embedded: (configuration specified as properties)

For the latter, we also need to be able to represent an infinispan
configuration using properties with a simple mapping to XML
elements/attributes, e.g.

cache-manager.local-cache.mycache.eviction.size=1000

Comments are welcome

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant