[infinispan-dev] Infinispan URL format

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue May 31 07:33:26 EDT 2016

Comments inline:

Infinispan, Red Hat

> On 30 May 2016, at 09:46, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> In the past there has been talk of representing a connection to
> Infinispan using a URL, in particular for HotRod.
> The Hibernate OGM team is now working on adding NoSQL datasources to
> WildFly, and they've asked for they should represent connections to
> various of these.

^ What's this trying to solve exactly?

> For Hot Rod:
>
> infinispan:hotrod://[host1][:port1][,[host2][:port2]]...[/cachemanager]
>
> The [cachemanager] part is for multi-tenant servers (Hot Rod doesn't
> currently support this, so this is forward-looking).
> Obviously we will support all of the HotRod properties for specifying
> things like security, etc.

^ Hmmm, all properties? Do you envision potentially putting all HR client config inside a URL?

> For Embedded:
>
> infinispan:embedded:file://path/to/config.xml (for specifying an
> external config file)
> infinispan:embedded:jndi://path/to/jndi (for referencing a cachemanager
> in JNDI)
> infinispan:embedded: (configuration specified as properties)
>
> For the latter, we also need to be able to represent an infinispan
> configuration using properties with a simple mapping to XML
> elements/attributes, e.g.
>
> cache-manager.local-cache.mycache.eviction.size=1000

^ Why 'local-cache' in property name? cachemanager.mycache...etc would be enough since there can't be duplicate cache names inside a given cache manager. So, is 'local-cache' merely a hint?

Cheers,