[infinispan-dev] Names, names, names...

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 03:35:38 EDT 2016

On 10/17/2016 09:07 AM, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> something trivial and fun for a Monday morning.
>
> I've just issued a PR [1] to update the codename for Infinispan 9.0.

Checked out ISPN-1414 [1], status is Open (though it's most likely out
of date).

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1414

> And while we're at it, let's give a name to the new query language that
> Adrian (and Emmanuel) have designed. We already have a number of
> suggestions (which I summarize below) but please feel free to add your
> own. Please vote.
>
> IQL (Infinispan Query Language, already used by others).
> Ickle (Alternate pronunciation of above, also means "small")
> LQID (Language for Querying Infinispan Datagrids)
> QuIL ("Query Infinispan" Language)

I like LQID with the pronounciation "liquid", but then we need to keep
some fluent API at least for Java clients :)

R.

--
Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>
JBoss Performance Team