[infinispan-dev] KUBE_PING changes

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 07:15:11 EDT 2017

Hey guys,

Just a heads up, I've just created a PR that upgrades KUBE_PING to
1.0.0.Beta1 [1]. As you probably seen in [2], 1.0.0.Beta1 was completely
rewritten and might behave slightly differently.

Here is a summary of changes:

   - The latest KUBE_PING doesn't require embedded HTTP server for
   discovery. Thus it is no longer required to expose port 8888 in Pods.
   - The number of dependencies has been decreased. Currently we only
   require JGroups and OAuth library.
   - The new KUBE_PING works only with JGroups 4. There will be no JGroups
   3 support.
   - Some of the environmental variables were shortened and we removed
   `OPENSHIFT` prefix. So if you use `OPENSHIFT_KUBE_PING_NAMESPACE`, you will
   need to change it to `KUBERNETES_NAMESPACE`. Please refer to [3] for more
   information.

I also switched default branch in Kubernetes Ping repository to master [4].

Thanks,
Sebastian

[1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/5201
[2] http://belaban.blogspot.ch/2017/05/running-infinispan-cluster-with.html