[jboss-as7-dev] deploying a war - jboss-classloading.xml

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Wed Apr 13 19:41:19 EDT 2011

Inline again... and, adding the list since it fell off...

On 04/13/2011 06:30 PM, denstar wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:19 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>> On 04/13/2011 03:41 PM, denstar wrote:
>>> With AS5 I'd put something like this:
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>> <classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0" name="cfdistro"
>>> domain="DefaultDomain" export-all="NON_EMPTY" import-all="true">
>>> </classloading>
>>>
>>> into WEB-INF/jboss-classloading.xml
>>
>> For what purpose?
>
> Mainly so that I don't have to delete the XML and DOM stuff that we
> ship with (xerces, dom4j, couple others that don't "play nice") to get
> 'er to deploy on AS5 .  :)

OK you *should* be able to deploy things which include those kinds of
libs in AS7.  At least, we specifically built support for those XML
libs, but it's not terribly well-tested, so if you are running into
specific issues we'd love to hear about it.

> So how does the XML stuff (xerces I *think* (maybe xalan- I deleted a
> bunch of libs) was the culprit-- I'll track it down further) fit in?
> Can I isolate 'er more, I guess I'm wondering?  How can I achieve the
> same ease of deployment on AS7 as I did by using
> jboss-classloading.xml on AS5?

It's not really clear yet, because I'm not quite sure what the effect of
what you did is.

> I noticed that with the EAR deployment, I didn't see any "Class path
> entry in lowagie.itext.jar does not point to a valid jar for a
> Class-Path reference" warnings- but I dunno if that's just 'cause they
> were suppressed (how can I get more debugging information when
> deploying, BTW?).

The next beta should have somewhat better error reporting.  By the time
we get to GA it should be fairly comprehensive.

> I'm guessing that the answer will be "no", but is there some
> documentation somewhere showing how someone could take a standard JEE
> war and "modularize" it for AS7?

Not really, I mean it's all automatic.  A deployment and each of its
nested JARs become modules (more or less) and the dependencies are
automatically wired up.

--
- DML