[jboss-as7-dev] JBAS-9268: OOM when uploading content through HTTP API

Jonathan Pearlin jpearlin1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 08:07:57 EDT 2011

Ike,

    I actually looked at using the Apache library (instead of writing my
own) when I started, but did not follow that path simply because of the
potential licensing issues.  However, if Jason agrees that it is okay to go
down that path, I would love to replace the custom multipart parsing code
with a more mature library.  That being said, the multipart parsing
currently relies on a library Jason wrote a while back to treat the incoming
stream as multipart data.  I can certainly try digging into this to see if I
can pinpoint what is causing the OOM issue (if it is in the HTTP server code
itself or in the multipart stream class).

Thanks,

--Jonathan