[jboss-as7-dev] server-config "group" attribute not writeable

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 10:32:14 EDT 2011

Yes, what Heiko describes was the rationale. It's not very satisfying
though. To switch a set of servers from one profile to another you have
to create a new server group, then delete the old servers and create new
matching ones that reference the new group.

There are plenty of config changes that can't be applied immediately to
a server runtime (e.g. adding or removing a subsystem that handles
deployment processing.) Those put the server in a "restart required"
state. We could handle these in the same manner. It requires a little
bit of extra work to implement, but I don't think it would be a big
deal. WDYT?