[jboss-as7-dev] Welcome Root Behaviour

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 10:44:42 EDT 2011

> I am currently looking into an issue with the welcome root
> implementation regarding http and https redirects but while I am in this
> area I am also looking to pick up a couple of other issues identified /
> reported with the welcome root.
>
> I just have a couple of questions to clarify the expected behaviour.
>
> Firstly should it be possible to enable this for managed domains?
> Personally I think yes as it is a part of the subsystem configuration
> and there is no mention that it should not work for domains.

Ah, you mean should the welcome root page work in general for servers in
a managed domain? Yes, I agree it should.

> Secondly there is a console redirect if the http management interface
> can be located - in a managed domain this is difficult to detect as the
> web subsystem and http management interface run in different processes -
> also once there are multiple host controllers it is not as clear which
> http management interface to redirect to.

Yep. It's a solvable problem to have the HC tell all the servers what
host/port the DC is using for http management, but for 7.1 we have a lot
of bigger fish to fry.

> For this I believe we should remove all references to the console when
> running in domain mode and instead just have the welcome page with links
> to the various docs and forums but not attempt to expose internal
> management details.

+1; thanks for the patch.