[jboss-as7-dev] Welcome Root Behaviour

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue Aug 16 08:47:57 EDT 2011

I am currently looking into an issue with the welcome root
implementation regarding http and https redirects but while I am in this
area I am also looking to pick up a couple of other issues identified /
reported with the welcome root.

I just have a couple of questions to clarify the expected behaviour.

Firstly should it be possible to enable this for managed domains?
Personally I think yes as it is a part of the subsystem configuration
and there is no mention that it should not work for domains.

Secondly there is a console redirect if the http management interface
can be located - in a managed domain this is difficult to detect as the
web subsystem and http management interface run in different processes -
also once there are multiple host controllers it is not as clear which
http management interface to redirect to.

For this I believe we should remove all references to the console when
running in domain mode and instead just have the welcome page with links
to the various docs and forums but not attempt to expose internal
management details.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.