[jboss-as7-dev] OSGi deployments cause missing Module for other deployment processors?

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Sun Aug 21 03:08:47 EDT 2011

While looking at a user reported bug in AS7, I noticed that a user
deployment can be missing a MODULE attachment. My understanding so far
was that each deployment will *always* have a MODULE attached to it. But
looking at the code, I see that some deployments are skipped while
creating and attaching the modules. Specifically, if a deployment
contains a OSGi Manifest, then the module creation and attachment is
skipped for that module
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/server/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/server/deployment/module/ModuleSpecProcessor.java#L77

Why is that the case? Aren't deployments which contain OSGi Manifest
supposed to be processed by other deployers (for example a EJB
annotation processing deployer)?

-Jaikiran