[jboss-as7-dev] Should the standalone and domain directory go in server directory as before

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Aug 22 06:21:56 EDT 2011

I believe the two are very different so the standalone/domain difference
does not map onto the concept of different servers as in AS < 7.

In previous AS releases each of the 'servers' was always started by the
same AS process either JMX or MC backed - the selected 'server' was then
essentially the configuration to bootstrap that instance, these
configurations could then be copied to create a new configurations.

In AS7 the multiple configurations are achieved by having multiple files
in the standalone/configuration and domain/configuration folders.

I think any attempt to try and artificially group these in a parent
folder is just going to be potential for more confusion leading end
users to believe these folders are the configurations as we had before.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.