[jboss-as7-dev] Getting on the same page with @Clustered @Singleton

David M. Lloyd dlloyd at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 14:11:02 EST 2011

Here's a brief summary of what we've decided so far on this.  We've
determined that a @Clustered @Singleton would, if implemented, act
similarly to a @Clustered @Stateful which only has one session.

When it comes down to spec, any kind of clustering is really non-spec
behavior.  Having such features doesn't mean we aren't spec-conformant,
it just means we have additional functionality which goes beyond
specification.

Since we don't have @Clustered @Singleton today, this isn't considered a
high priority for the next release.  But I suspect we could deliver this
for 7.2 if we wanted to.

On 12/07/2011 12:15 PM, Andrig Miller wrote:
> The other complication, is that you may have a Singleton that has no state to replicate.  In that case, the single instance, with no replication makes sense.
>
> Andy

- DML