[jboss-as7-dev] Getting on the same page with @Clustered @Singleton

Jason Greene jgreene at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 18:31:17 EST 2011

Note that singletons can express and rely on start order, which makes clustering them bend the spec rules (failover can either violate that expectation or it can require graph coupled failover) That's part of the reason it's deferred. It requires a bit more thought.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2011, at 1:11 PM, "David M. Lloyd" <dlloyd at redhat.com> wrote:

> Here's a brief summary of what we've decided so far on this.  We've
> determined that a @Clustered @Singleton would, if implemented, act
> similarly to a @Clustered @Stateful which only has one session.
>
> When it comes down to spec, any kind of clustering is really non-spec
> behavior.  Having such features doesn't mean we aren't spec-conformant,
> it just means we have additional functionality which goes beyond
> specification.
>
> Since we don't have @Clustered @Singleton today, this isn't considered a
> high priority for the next release.  But I suspect we could deliver this
> for 7.2 if we wanted to.
>
> On 12/07/2011 12:15 PM, Andrig Miller wrote:
>> The other complication, is that you may have a Singleton that has no state to replicate.  In that case, the single instance, with no replication makes sense.
>>
>> Andy

>>> dreadful. In one sense it is the successor of AS 5's singleton-ha