[jboss-as7-dev] workaround for AS7-659 (enable jsp dev mode)

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 07:58:31 EST 2011

Hi,

Since it does not look like AS7 will have automatic recompile of .jsp files as all other previous versions of AS before it I'm looking for ways to enable this more or less transparently at least for JBoss Tools users.

In https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-659 it is written that adding

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:web:1.0">
 <configuration>
   <jsp-configuration development="true" />
</configuration>

to standalone.xml will "fix" this.

Can I set this via the management API someway ?

And is there a way to set this without triggering a change to standalone.xml ? (if no then I'll just have to remember the value set before toggling it and set it back manually)

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen