[jboss-as7-dev] Using path element to customize domain logs

paulwerder at fastmail.co.uk paulwerder at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 05:50:34 EDT 2011

Hi all devs,
I'm trying to figure out how to use the <path> element to define a
different log for every server.
This is what I've attempted to do: in the domain.xml file I've set the
file handler path to "customlog"

<periodic-rotating-file-handler name="FILE" autoflush="true">

    <file  path="customlog"/>
. . . . . .
</periodic-rotating-file-handler>

Then, inside each <server> definition, I'm adding the <path> definition,
which points to the file system path:

<server name="server-one" group="main-server-group" auto-start="true">
      <paths>
          <path name="customlog" path="/var/log" />
     </paths>
</server>

Unfortunately, as it is, the AS does not even accept my configuration.

[Host Controller] 10:45:07,345 ERROR [stderr] (Controller Boot Thread)
Exception in thread "Controller Boot Thread" java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.ConfigurationPersistenceException:
Failed to parse configuration

Any help to get me on the right track ? thanks a lot
Paul

  paulwerder at fastmail.co.uk

                          wherever you are