[jboss-as7-dev] module usability issue? or intended?

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 11:10:11 EDT 2011

On 07/06/2011 09:58 AM, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 09:35 -0500, Jason T. Greene wrote:
>> Bah this is all wrong (and inconsistent)! All Bill should have to do is
>> either a) deploy security plugin deployment or b) add a new security
>> extension module and reference it from the domain configuration. He
>> shouldn't have to muck with the picketlink module descriptors. I'll
>> create an issue for this.
>
> Ok, I would like some clarification then.
>
> When deploying a web extension component (like a web valve, listener,
> etc), I expect right now the user to create a module, then declare that
> it will load his component class from the specified module (but without
> having to edit the web module to add the newly added module as a
> dependency). Is that ok ?

Generally no - the user should never be required to create a static
module (though they should always have that option if they want to) in
order to use deployment features, at least not if we can avoid it.  In
this case it might be best to look for the class in the deployment
unless an explicit module name is given.

--
- DML