[jboss-as7-dev] Intended deployemnt behavior?

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 12:42:19 EDT 2011

>>> I don't see how this solution goes solve that - the underlying problem
>>> of resources not being fully there is still present.
>>
>> Well, the idea is that you wouldn't copy the "symlink" until the
>> resources were fully there, wherever that may be.
>
> Yes, you can do the same with "mv" (assuming you are on the same device)

Not exactly. Mv removes the content before the app server and framework,
and deployment code know that it is gone, so you end up with a broken
undeploy phase (lots of errors)

A link has the advantage of that we can use the actual content location,
which will still be there on undeploy.

> Note, the problem still comes with how to redeploy....can you touch/change timestamp of
> a symlink without removing it first ?

Ah yes not on all OSs good point

--
Jason T. Greene