[jboss-as7-dev] AS7 testsuite extension

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 14:10:36 EDT 2011

On 7/19/11 7:12 AM, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I would like to discuss how to extend AS7 testsuite, my suggestion is to create 2 new modules:
>
> -- management
> Tests for management APIs, probably separate submodules for cli, http api and java api tests.

Makes sense. The existing testsuite/domain module could be moved into
here. It's essentially testing management of a domain via the java api.

IMO management tests of standalone servers should be segregated from
tests of a managed domain.

> -- multi-node
> Tests with several instances (managed by DC or several standalone servers) on one machine.
> Cluster, failover, session replication tests should be present in this module.

The testsuite/clustering module is for this purpose.

> ARQ with DC support is needed, start/stop/kill support for instances managed by DC is needed too (ARQ-336 is designed for standalone), maybe start/stop/kill for DC will be required too.

I regard that as a nice to have, not a requirement. HA functionality is
orthogonal to how the servers are managed; a testsuite of Paul's HA
features based on launching multiple standalone servers is ok. The
actual HA services inside the servers have no clue whether they are
running in a standalone server or a managed domain.

Note also that ARQ with DC support is not needed for management tests of
domain.

> Module structure should be similar to DOC-69049 [1] with submodules to share tests, prepare servers and to execute tests.

Hopefully in 95%+ of cases "prepare servers" can consist of altering the
server/domain launch command to point at the appropriate writable
directory, config file and module path.