[jboss-as7-dev] Help adding a native Hibernate 3.x unit test

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 15:51:51 EDT 2011

On 07/15/2011 08:50 AM, Karel Piwko wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> see comments inline.
>
> Karel
>
> On Fri, 2011-07-15 at 01:19 -0400, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> We already include org.hibernate:hibernate-core:jar:4.0.0.Beta1 and I
>> want to test against org.hibernate:hibernate-core:jar:3.6.4.Final.
>>
>> It is possible that the org.hibernate:hibernate-core:jar:3.6.4.Final
>> artifact will not be in the local maven repo, when the unit test starts.
>>    If the ShrinkWrap maven resolver would download it into the local
>> maven cache, we should get good enough performance (similar to if the
>> artifact was downloaded during the build).
>>
> MavenDependencyResolver will act exactly that way, if the local
> repository contains the artifact, it will be fetched from there, if not
> remote repositories will be touched.

I tried calling
"DependencyResolvers.use(MavenDependencyResolver.class).artifact("org.hibernate:hibernate-core:3.6.5.Final").resolveAs(GenericArchive.class)"
from an existing AS7 testsuite test but got a CNFE on class
org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException.

as7/tools/maven/lib/aether-api-1.9.jar seems to have this class.  Which
pom.xml do I need to update for ShrinkWrap to have access to aester api?

Thanks,
Scott