[jboss-as7-dev] Default values in the model

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 05:28:42 EDT 2011

Am 29.07.2011 um 11:24 schrieb Emanuel Muckenhuber:
> What about the write-attribute operation? I would assume that the
> console(s) usually don't differentiate whether a values was really
> changed in the UI and just write all attributes. So we would need to
> check the defaults there as well?

RHQ writes values if they are present (i.e. not what we call "unset", which corresponds to "undefined").
In this case it writes them all no matter if they have been changed or not.

All decisions should also be taken with other clients in mind. Users that use the API
via shell script will not want to e.g. supply all attributes if only one has changed.

  Heiko