[jboss-as7-dev] Changes to .jsp in an exploded deployment no longer picked up?

Remy Maucherat rmaucher at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 03:55:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 01:34 +0300, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> Has anyone measured what is the true overhead of enabling it by default, anyway?

Dev mode:
- leaks details about the JSP source to give info on where and why the
error occurred (that's insecure, but important for dev)
- wraps exceptions for the same reason (TCK will fail)
- uses more memory (bad)
- uses a little bit more CPU (very little, so not bad)

I could enable some background reloading with fewer side effects, but
without the error reporting, it wouldn't help developers much.

So the domain model is a nice configuration format, well documented
(hopefully), so I think people will be fine using it and should be able
to configure this dev mode if they need it.

--
Remy Maucherat <rmaucher at redhat.com>
Red Hat Inc