[jboss-as7-dev] Looking for naming help

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Sat Jun 4 20:13:56 EDT 2011

Hello All,
While working on the Maven deployment plugin we've been contemplating
what the goals should be named. Currently we have 4 goals; deploy,
deploy-or-redeploy, redeploy and undeploy.

We kind of feel deploy-or-redeploy will be the default most people would
use. It seems a little verbose for the default. I've thought about
making deploy act as the deploy-or-redeploy, but I'm a bit concerned
that users will assume it will fail if the deployment already exists.

So my question to the lot of you is how would you interpret these goals
and can you think of some better names? Mainly a replacement for
deploy-or-redeploy, but any other suggestions are welcome.

Currently as a replacement for deploy-or-redeploy we have always-deploy
and force-deploy.

Thanks in advance,

--
James R. Perkins