[jboss-as7-dev] Adding a new module during runtime

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Sat Jun 4 22:58:30 EDT 2011

On 6/4/11 9:02 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> Is there an API which will allow me to install a new module into a
> server at runtime? What I'm looking for, is a way to add a module and
> then add a dependency on that module in my deployment, from within a
> testcase.

We do not yet have a way to install modules, but in some design
discussions we did talk about reusing the same mechanism for patching to
accomplish it.

Note that the deployed methodology of drivers is the preferred way way
to do it. The main reason we have the additional module support is so
that we (and others) can bundle them as part of the server. I would
expect users to only choose this approach if they are building a gold
master and want drivers to be a part of that.

--
Jason T. Greene