[jboss-as7-dev] Local database file connection urls

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 13:44:46 EDT 2011

In the
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/DataSourceConfigurationInAS7#Defining_the_DataSource_itself
section I don't see an example of setting up a local database with a
backing store. Looking at the
org.jboss.as.connector.subsystems.datasources code, I don't see any
reference to the usual relativeTo attribute, or an attempt to expand
jboss.* properties. It seems like something like the following needs to
be supported with the datasource element handling property expansion:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:datasources:1.0">
<datasources>
<datasource jndi-name="java:/H2DS" pool-name="H2DS" enabled="true"
use-java-context="true"
                         relativeTo="jboss.server.data.dir">
<connection-url>

jdbc:h2:file:${jboss.server.data.dir}/test;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1
</connection-url>