[jboss-as7-dev] Looking for naming help

James Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 13:25:07 EDT 2011

On 06/08/2011 10:02 AM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
> On 06/08/2011 06:49 PM, James Perkins wrote:
>> On 06/08/2011 07:24 AM, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
>>> BTW, the CLI uses "deploy --force" to force redeploy.
>> In that case maybe we should change from strict to force and default it
>> to true. That way all the terminology remains the same.
> Just FYI, in that case it will be different from the CLI in that, the
> CLI deploy command will fail if the package has already been deployed
> unless --force is explicitly specified.
>
> BTW, if the package hasn't been deployed yet and --force is present,
> --force is ignored.
>
> Alexey

It will be different in the way the defaults are set, but I think it's
what most users would prefer.

It's good to know --force will be ignored. Currently I'm using
processing a list of deployments returned to see if the deployment
already exists. I then create a deployment plan with
org.jboss.as.controller.client.helpers.standalone.DeploymentPlanBuilder.
Maybe I should look into skipping the check to see if it exists and just
use --force, if it's available to the API.

--
James R. Perkins