[jboss-as7-dev] :installed-drivers-list on managed server or SG?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 11:31:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

I know I am late to this game.

I am puzzled by the fact that in domain mode I get the list of jdbc drivers by

[standalone at localhost:9999 server=server-one] pwd
/host=local/server=server-one
[standalone at localhost:9999 server=server-one] ./subsystem=datasources:installed-drivers-list

actually with picking a random host within a server group after previously having uploaded
and deployed the driver jar to the server group.

This makes obviously sense if we allow individual drivers per managed AS instance in a SG,
but then installing a datasource that uses such a driver on /profile=X/subsystem=DS level
sounds like a big source of confusion if one of the managed servers happens to have
a different version of the driver and this only managed AS starts to behave in strange ways

Wouldn't it make more sense to put :installed-drivers-list on server-group level?

  Heiko