[jboss-as7-dev] :installed-drivers-list on managed server or SG?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 16:44:21 EDT 2011

On 6/7/11 10:31 AM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know I am late to this game.
>
> I am puzzled by the fact that in domain mode I get the list of jdbc drivers by
>
> [standalone at localhost:9999 server=server-one] pwd
> /host=local/server=server-one
> [standalone at localhost:9999 server=server-one] ./subsystem=datasources:installed-drivers-list
>
> actually with picking a random host within a server group after previously having uploaded
> and deployed the driver jar to the server group.
>
> This makes obviously sense if we allow individual drivers per managed AS instance in a SG,
> but then installing a datasource that uses such a driver on /profile=X/subsystem=DS level
> sounds like a big source of confusion if one of the managed servers happens to have
> a different version of the driver and this only managed AS starts to behave in strange ways
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to put :installed-drivers-list on server-group level?

The server group resource knows nothing about the details of the
profile, i.e. what operations its subsystems expose on the servers, it
just knows that the servers are running a profile named "x".

I could see a generic operation on the server-group resource that
amounts to "execute operation X on all servers in the group and provide
an aggregate response."