[jboss-as7-dev] Migrating Seam app to AS7: Accessing page results in "The page isn't redirecting properly"

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 18:32:25 EDT 2011

Seam can go into that sort or endless loop when the security side of things fails to initialise.

In this case it is because Seam 2 uses Drools for security, Drools uses the MVEL dialect, and MVEL uses sun/misc/Unsafe.

For now try adding a

Dependencies: system

entry to the MANIFEST.MF of your war. This may cause other problems however, and is not generally a good idea. If this does not work it is possible to use jboss-deployment-structure.xml to just add a dep on sun/misc classes.

Stuart