[jboss-as7-dev] :installed-drivers-list on managed server or SG?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Jun 8 04:23:53 EDT 2011

Brian,

>> actually with picking a random host within a server group after previously having uploaded
>> and deployed the driver jar to the server group.
[..]
>> Wouldn't it make more sense to put :installed-drivers-list on server-group level?
>>

> The server group resource knows nothing about the details of the
> profile, i.e. what operations its subsystems expose on the servers, it
> just knows that the servers are running a profile named "x".

Shouldn't that be sort of the same things? I mean if I can :add a jdbc driver to
a server-group, which in turn installs it on all the managed servers, shouldn't
then there be a :list as its counterpart?

> I could see a generic operation on the server-group resource that
> amounts to "execute operation X on all servers in the group and provide
> an aggregate response."

Hm.  That would for sure be helpful.

The other thing that I am concerned with is consistency. My understanding is so far
that a server group consists of (almost) identical managed servers. Of course IP,
port mapping and perhaps jvm characteristics are the same.
This means to me, that when I deploy something to a server group, this thing
ends up in every managed AS  and the other way around: everything that is deployed
to a managed AS can be found on all managed AS of the respective server group.

This also implies that for deployments, the server-group is the point of interaction and
not a single host.

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn