[jboss-as7-dev] SPNEGO authentication fails loading configuration

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Wed Jun 8 09:06:34 EDT 2011

On 06/08/2011 01:59 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
> I have some questions as I'm writing some of my own authentication plugins.
>
> * How do you associate a login-module "code" to a class?

At the moment the security subsystem has a class called ModulesMap, in
the branch I have asked to be reviewed I have just added my LoginModules
to that class.

It does however feel like a feature that would be a good candidate to
make more dynamic so new modules can be registered as they become available.

> * You state in your wiki "Within JBoss AS7 it is not possible to
> override the authenticators as before".  What do you mean by this.  Do
> you mean being able to plugin your own values that can be used within
> web.xml's auth-method of login-config?  I think this is something that
> needs to be added.

Yes that feature to define your own auth-method with a custom
authenticator is no longer present in AS7.

I did start a thread here "JBoss Web Custom Authenticators" but have had
no responses.

Personally I also think it should be re-instated but by using the valve
approach in the jboss-web.xml it was no longer a blocker for me.